-verb (used with object)
1. to come upon or meet with, esp. unexpectedly: to encounter a new situation.
2. to meet with or contend against (difficulties, opposition, etc.): We encounter so many problems in our work.
3. to meet (a person, military force, etc.) in conflict: We will encounter the enemy at dawn.
-verb (used without object)
4. to meet, esp. unexpectedly or in conflict: We were angry when we encountered, but we parted with smiles.
5. a meeting with a person or thing, esp. a casual, unexpected, or brief meeting: Our running into each other was merely a chance encounter.
6. a meeting of persons or groups that are in conflict or opposition; combat; battle: Another such encounter and we may lose the war.
7. Psychology. a meeting of two or more people, as the members of an encounter group or a number of married couples (marriage encounter), conducted to promote direct emotional confrontations among the participants, esp. as a form of therapy (encounter therapy).
This weekend I'll be over at the Confluence Conference with the Georgia BCM's. I'm leading a "seminar" on creating authentic encounters with God. My posts have been kinda lite this week because I've been spending lots of my free time working on the content. That continues to be the case today. So, I thought I'd take a minute to just ask you a simple question.
What was the last authentic encounter you had with God?