It's been a while. A long while. Too long. During my blogging absence lots of things have happened. You would think that would have made me want to blog more. It did. Really. I just never ended up getting around to it.
"Why," you might ask. Well, I'll tell you.
In no particular order the reasons for my blogging absence are as follows...
1. Video Games - I'm a gamer. I admit it. I'm not a hardcore gamer, but when I do get a new game, I play it constantly... until I finish... I just finished my latest... and I haven't bought another one... so there.
2. Tons of Work Stuff - I'm really enjoying my job. There's a lot of new challenges and a lot of balls in the air (that's just for you, Erin). I also end up in a lot of meetings. I mean a lot. That's calmed down a little bit lately, which is good, because I often end up working a decent amount in the evenings (when not playing video games) since so much of my time at work is spent in meetings instead of doing actual work.
3. Freelance - I've got two big freelance assignments right now that are extremely fun and very challenging. I haven't been able to give then near the attention I want/need to, but I do give them attention, which takes away from the blogging.
4. Story - You might have heard me mention my infant daughter. She's yet to arrive, though she's scheduled to do so this Thursday. However, there's been a number of things to do in preparation for her coming. It's been crazy but exciting. And now I'm (we're) ready, or at least as ready as we'll ever be.
5. Slump - I've been in a slump, writing wise. It's been a bad one. A real bad one. It has affected some of the things listed above. I'm coming out of it, which is nice, but not as quickly as I'd like. Plus, my computer crashed on Friday. I lost two days of work, and I still don't have it back. What does that have to do with my slump? Well, not a whole lot, except that it is just one more thing to throw me off my game. I like to be able to get into a rhythm of things. That doesn't always happen quickly, but once it does happen I can really churn some stuff out. I had finally hit one. Then my computer went kaput. Now, I'm looking for my rhythm again.
However, I really want to believe I'm back to blogging now, not so much for you guys, though I appreciate each and everyone of you, but for my own sake. I like blogging. It's good for me for a number of reasons.
Be forewarned, though. A number of the upcoming posts are going to be concerned with Story's birth. If you're not into that sort of thing, sorry. You might want to take a break from reading this for awhile. For the rest of you, thanks for taking an interest. I think you'll really like her.
I don't know if I totally like this new site, by the way. Feel free to let me know your thoughts. I'm sure I'll be messing around with it... which will be just one more thing to distract me.
Ooh... look... a fly...