Xanga Post Friday July 29, 2005
New Developments (there are many):
1. In the midst of all the somewhat humurous discussion regarding my possible hearing problems, I have developed an ear infection. This infection came about beginning on Monday resulting from a refreshing dip in the Gulf I had last Friday. The symptoms started on Monday with the feeling that something was in my ear. Therefore, I tried to clean it extensively, to the point that when I went to the doctor on Wednesday he informed me that I don't have any wax left in my ears (not necessarily good). The infection is commonly known as "swimmer's ear." Some symptoms of swimmer's ear are: a) mild discomfort and/or b) itching. However, in extreme cases other symptoms can result. These include discharge, swollen lymph nodes, intense pain moving to the jaw and face, blocking of the ear canal, and loss of hearing. Guess who has and extreme case? I can't sleep at night. I can't hear well. I'm in constant pain. If this is what little kids feel when they get an ear infection, then no wonder they scream the whole time.
2. Went to see Hustle and Flow last night with KJ. I won't say it was great (there were definitely some rough spots) but I liked it a lot. It even got to me at times. I'm a sucker for a story of someone trying to fulfill their dreams, especially when it involves a group rallying around them. Which leads to...
3. KJ and I discussed how "this might be the year." Now you may be asking yourself, "the year for what?" Fill it in yourself. There's a great feeling going into this next season, particularly with Student Life but in our own lives as well. The important thing is to hang on to that attitude. Leading me to...
4. I have made a decision. This year I'm going to try to enjoy what I do. I mean I enjoy it. I do. I love it. But I'm always nervous and worried and feel pressured. I want to learn to have confidence in what I believe God has given me and what He is using me to do.
5. I'm disillusioned with my church. I don't like to bad mouth it or anything, so I won't, especially here. However, I will say that I am searching for something and have yet to find it. I'm not sure it exists in the 'Ham.